I know you’ve probably heard this everywhere but I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S ALREADY AUGUST!! Just, WHAT EVEN?! I know it’s still summer, but once August hits, I start getting in back to school mode. Then I realize I’m not going back to school and fluctuate between “YAY NO MORE SCHOOL” and “OMG I HAVE TO ADULT”.
And, in case you can’t tell, I’m not really ready to adult….It means a big girl job and I STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE. I know I’ll go back for more school eventually, but for what I’m not sure. After my internship over the summer which was WONDERFUL, I’ve considered teaching again (not my major but it once was!). So I’m working part-time at a store and possibly doing a part-time teaching job. We shall see. In the meantime I plan on reading, reading, AND READING!
What I read in July:
- My Lady Jane – I ADORED IT! I honestly only read it because it was part of my Uppercase subscription, but I am SO glad I did. Wit GALORE!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – BEAUTIFUL! The writing was lyrical and lush and OMG I JUST LOVED IT OKAY?!?! I now understand the hype and believe me when I say it was definitely warranted
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge – hahaha no. Just no. I remember loving Cruel Beauty but I. Just. Could. NOT. with this one. It was so boring and the love interest was so. bland. and I was kind of confused and if you want psycho forest, read Uprooted.
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – Really enjoyed all the regency goodness. It’s kind of a slow, steady book, but still VERY interesting. Why, hello there Lord Carlston *wink wink*. Ahem. Moving on….One thing I love is that she’s not your typical rebellious heiress. Sure she chafes against the rules, but still tries to uphold the standards of society unlike other heroines I’ve read who are MORE than happy to be like SCREW THE RULES I’M GONNA GO FIGHT. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but Helen is a bit more…believable. And low-key sassy. Love it.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Yes, I know I’ve read this many times but THE FEEEEEEELS. Even though I wasn’t all that excited about The Cursed Child (see why below), the influx of Harry Potter this weekend (with the release, the parties, and the marathon on TV), I’ve had a lot of HP feelings and felt the need to delve back in. And the first chapter gave me so. Many. FEELS!
Or, should I say book “review” XD
Make Me Read It Read-a-thon
- [9 Jul] The One Where the Make Me Read It Readathon BEGINS!
- [12 Jul] The One With the Make Me Read It Readathon Updates
- [19 Jul] The One With the Make Me Read It Readathon Recap (that’s a mouthful)
Harry Potter Week
- [25 Jul] The One With How I Started Reading Harry Potter
- [26 Jul] The One With Harry Potter Ships
- [29 Jul] The One Where Book Characters Get Sorted
- [30 Jul] The One With Why I’m Actually NOT That Excited for The Cursed Child